Old 01-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Lar

Default Going bats! Bathouse questions....

In article snowshoe-0104031046200001@148-
pm3.hom.alaska.net, says...
Up here we have the "Violet-green swallow" and the "tree swallow" (among
several other types) that nest in hollow trees, fenceposts, barn eaves and
will happily move into nest boxes. I watch them eat mosquitos every morning
and evening. (My front yard is a 7 acre lake, so we have a healthy mossie
population. We don't have many moths here.)

The time frame of aeriel feeders and mosquitos usually
don't cross, but here is some info on the tree swallow
diet.
http://birds.cornell.edu/birdhouse/b...os/speciesacco
unts/treswa.html#Diet

--
Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!