Old 04-08-2007, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mike Mike is offline

Default Chrerry Tree Infested w/ Ants or Termites?

Hi, I've got a large cherry tree that's infested with either termites or
carpenter ants.
I noticed at the bottom of tree what appeared to be sawdust, cleaned it up
and the next day it was back.
Today I sprayed Bonide Termite and Carpenter Ant Killer into the two holes
they were using and the critters poured out of the tree. They appear to
have two parts to the body (part near the head is smaller than the part at
the rear and fairly large head wiith good sized pinchers. The Bonide spray
seems to work but I suspect they'll just burrow into the tree at a another
location how do I permantely get rid of them?

Thanks,

Mike