Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Do I need to returf - dog urine

"Fat_Tulip" wrote in message

I am new here today and am a keen amateur gardener (still learning). I
have just spent alot of money re-landscaping my garden. The back lawn
is still growing great and is very lush. However, the front has been
subject to dog urine (I have about 6 patches and could cry!). I am
getting the front walled in, but I need to know if I would need to just
replace the damaged patches, or is there anything I can do to promote
growth again? Any advice you can give me would be very appreciated.

Also, I notice in my back lawn I have some very small mushrooms coming
through. Is this something I should worry about or do I just mow them
up when I cut the grass.

I look forward to your replies.
--
Fat_Tulip

Where in the world do you guys live where a dog ****ing on the lawn is
destroying vegitation? Do you feed your dogs something really strange? Are
you collecting their urine in 5 gallon containers, distilling it down to a
super concentrated mixture, then pouring it on the lawn in a single spot?
I've cared for dogs all my adult life and have never seen urine do anything
to the lawn. Dog piles yes, but only if I let it sit there for a couple of
days in the sun.