Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Default A berm pond - what's that?

We kindof stumbled on making a berm around our
pond.
Our yard is full of rocks, big, little and boulder sized.
Really, really hard to dig thru.
DH finally got tire of digging and started ripping up
turf along one of the fences. He stacked the turf
around the pond, put the liner over and then finished
off with flat rocks and more turf.
The turf on top of the liner gave a place for the kids
to hang out, up close and personal with the pond.
The ripped up turf area is full of roses, butterfly bushes,
aspen and a runaway honeysuckle vine (I am not a gardener
what thrives is what survives my attempts.)

k :-)
http://tinyurl.com/6bguh ~ new pond keeper info
http://tinyurl.com/yp64db ~ slide show of pond