Old 01-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Rebeccah Neff

Default herb or weed?

Close--it looks a little like lovage to me. Lovage is a
celery-flavored herb, so crushing the leaves should be a give-away.
See:

http://www.cnn.com/FOOD/key.ingredient/lovage/

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:08:55 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

Okay, so here's Guess #2 from me -- aside from cilantro and/or flat-leaf
(Italian) parsley, the *other* thing that comes to my mind
is............celery.

I didn't mention it before because I assumed the celery stalk would be hard
to miss, but I decided it may take a while for the stalk to form -- in the
meantime, the leaves come up.

Hmm..... Genting Garden website
http://www.gentinggarden.com.my/garden/content.html sells an "everbearing
Celery Leaf" among its many tasty-looking products! I thought at first that
it was selling seeds, but I realize it must sell produce to restaurants
somewhere 'cross the pond!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Doctoroe" wrote in message
. com...
It sure looks like an herb, but it has no obvious herbie smell.
Anyone know what it is? Sure is a robust grower, in the herb garden-
of all places:
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=37908