Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Sick fish, bad worm

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:18:50 CST, "G Pearce"
wrote:

Hi Jan - I learned a good method of getting rid of earwigs last year from a
"yard program" on TV, after a contractor here at the time told me to watch
it - take an old newspaper and roll it up (not too tight) and tie it up with
whatever, then 'lightly' sprinkle it with a hose to dampen it and place it
where earwigs are present - when the garbage day arrives, have someone with
you to hold open a plastic bag when you pick it up (as they run out like
crazy when they feel movement)

Accccccccccck~ Did I mention how they seriously creep me out? Sorry, short
of nuking them, a newspaper just won't due. ;-) Waste of good energy &
plastic. Now.... I guess I could put the pesticide inside the wet
newspaper, that might work. ~ jan

and tie it up in the bag for disposal - put
out as many as you need, until they are beat back
Gale :~)

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us