Old 01-04-2003, 11:20 PM
pablo /MA

Default shade tollerant wildlife feed

Bought a new place and am planning my garden. I am overdoing it a bit
(lots of veggies, moving 16 hops plants, planting 3 apples and 3
pawpaws, and a garden for the pet rabbits to run in). - rabbits:
http://www.geocities.com/dr_ashman/bunpics.html

Here's the problem- lots of squirrels and I saw 9 deer in the yard the
other day. Most of the property is wooded (Zone 4-5 in New hampshire,
USA). I'm managing the woods for firewood and native trees. I would
like to plant stuff to keep the wildlife out of the garden (will fence
some of it) that would do well in mixed hardwoods and pines.

I'd love to eat the deer too, but it's only 2 acres and the law
doesn't allow.