Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default Sick fish, bad worm

On Aug 5, 9:18 pm, "G Pearce" wrote:
but I do put stuff on the ground, as

the earwigs, slugs, snails have been the worst I've ever seen this year.

Hi Jan - I learned a good method of getting rid of earwigs last year from a
"yard program" on TV, after a contractor here at the time told me to watch
it - take an old newspaper and roll it up (not too tight) and tie it up with
whatever, then 'lightly' sprinkle it with a hose to dampen it and place it
where earwigs are present - when the garbage day arrives, have someone with
you to hold open a plastic bag when you pick it up (as they run out like
crazy when they feel movement) and tie it up in the bag for disposal - put
out as many as you need, until they are beat back
Gale :~)

I will have to try this! The earwigs really are devestating to the
flowers of my Rocky Mountain Bee plants!