Old 07-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Winsford Winsford is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I planted 3 rose bushes this year, so they are young. They keep
blooming, but the blooms don't last that long before the petals fall
off. Then its waiting for new buds to grow and rebloom. I prune the
old blooms off.
Your plants are young, you've enjoyed some blooms. It's time to be patient. I would remove all the buds and thereby encourage it to rest. Instead of letting your plant bloom itself to exhaustion you should encourage it to focus on creating a stronger root stock this year.
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums