Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mike Mike is offline

Default Chrerry Tree Infested w/ Ants or Termites?

"Lar" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

The Bonide Termite and Carpenter Ant Killer looks to be a couple of
pyrethroids, which breaks down so ants probably could be back in within a
couple of months, hard to say. Fungi infected wood probably was what gave
the ants a place to nest to begin with. The fungus will be in parts of the
wood that are staying wet, not sure if there any way to avoid such areas
in any large tree.

Lar

Several years ago, beofre I bought the house someone and trimmed it
resulting in several places on the trunk that are entrance points for the
ants.I think the tree has fungus inside and the ants were probably carrying
out the rotten wood.