Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Barb[_4_] Barb[_4_] is offline

Default Rust stains on flag stones

Nope, the Steradent didn't work, Mike. Worth a try though. Just went to
Halfords, in passing, and they didn't have anything.

Just tried some vinegar and a bit of elbow grease on one spot with a brush,
and it's shifted some of it, probably the stuff on the surface. And it's
left a nice really, really clean ring round it!!!! Can't win.

I might experiment with the vinegar over a wider area, actually. It's cheap
enough and not nasty.

Barb

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Barb" wrote in message
Thanks folks! Lots of suggestions - although turning them over is not
feasible.

I like the Steradent one, Mike, I have some in my cabinet and I'll try it
today.

Barb

Only a very few poor souls find me stupid :-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will have a
Stand