Old 08-08-2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default How do you use your excess bell peppers?

In article om,
James wrote:

Of course they like to all mature at the same time. So what should I
do with all of them? I like the crunch but I can't eat too many at
once because they don't agree with me.

Drying or freezing will naturally lose the crunchiness.

Any good recipes that use a lot of them?

Will they turn red if you let them hang? If not skip this post but if so
just let 'em hang. Eat what you want at your own pace. When pepper turns
red, blacked the skin with a flame and peel it off. Slice in half and
remove seeds. Slather with olive oil and place on hot grill until you
get grill marks. Turn over and repeat. Serve with a squeeze of lime
juice as an accompaniment to most any dish.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/