Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Rust stains on flag stones

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 8/8/07 12:26, in article ,
"Barb" wrote:

I can't think why I didn't think of this before! Here's the relevant
section from Cormaic's page with all the gen:

[snip]

Vinegar is still the best. Lemon juice can be changed for Citric Acid (from
the chemists and elsewhere in powder form) but costs more. Vinegar is the
cheapest by far if you buy it by the gallon. Try a local chippie (fish and
chip shop, not carpenter's) who might sell you a catering bottle, but
probably won't have the clear stuff. Malt vinegar shouldn't stain the flags
enough that a Karcher won't get the remainder off but it depends what the
flags are made of, ie what cheap and nasty filling they used to cheapen them
:-).

Substitute "Karcher" for "hard work" in the rest :-)

This works. I have done it, many times. And will do it many times more.