Old 02-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Shiva

Default first bud

Susan H. Simko wrote:

I love to be rewarded like that. I'm hoping that I have enough roses
this year to achieve critical mass - when I'm ready to "toss" the roses
in the house, I have more waiting to be cut.

Susan, I find that about 100 roses is manageable for me to care for by
myself. I work 50 or so hours a week--but I do not require a "neat"
garden. There are some weeds, and things are not perfect. But I do spray
for fungus and insects every 10 days, and I do keep them deadheaded. I am
staying at 100 by replacing roses I am not thrilled with. I grow some in
pots, too.

Oh my, I can just see the s.o. now. Two 35 mm cameras, a digital
camera and she's scanning flowers directly on the scanner bed. *grin*

Gracious, you don't need to do this then! But it is good for when those of
us w/o good cameras just HAVE to share right away! Here are some from past
years:

Scentimental:

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/scent01.jpg

Jude the Obscu