Old 09-08-2007, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Chrerry Tree Infested w/ Ants or Termites?

In fact many healthy trees have ants. An understanding of
compartmentalization or decay in trees is a must. Trees wall off areas and
within the areas the wood is symplastless. A new tree grows around the old
tree every year. You really need to understand CODIT which means
compartmentalization of decay in trees, to understand the role of ants. Do
you also proclaim that a healthy tree has no relationship with fungus as
well? Why without mycorrhizae many trees would not maintain a symplast.
Ants and trees have been around long before us and will remain an associate
of trees when we are long gone. Ants stay the decay pathogen which can lead
to a healthy tree. I mean healthy in a mechanical manner as well as a
biological manner.

Look at this.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...-cavities.html

Do you think we need to kill Pileated wood peckers?

No, ants and trees and wood peckers get along fine.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Ann" wrote in message
"symplastless" expounded:

Why should he? Trees have ants.

Healthy trees do not have ants. Trees that are compromised in some
way have ants. If you were any kind of an arborist you'd know that.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts