View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Aug 2007

Do not returf otherwise you will create a patch work quilt!
Get a soil based compost like John Innes number 3, get a few good handfulls of a family lawn seed mixture and mix this into the bucket.
Fill in the holes with the seed and top dressing material and work level with the back of a rake or lute.
Top dress an area larget than the urine affected area so as to try and avoid a polka dot effect.

If you want a fab product go to www.dogrocks.co.uk and you place these in thewater bowl and it helps neutralize the urine when it comes out. I use them and they are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Tulip View Post
I am new here today and am a keen amateur gardener (still learning). I have just spent alot of money re-landscaping my garden. The back lawn is still growing great and is very lush. However, the front has been subject to dog urine (I have about 6 patches and could cry!). I am getting the front walled in, but I need to know if I would need to just replace the damaged patches, or is there anything I can do to promote growth again? Any advice you can give me would be very appreciated.

Also, I notice in my back lawn I have some very small mushrooms coming through. Is this something I should worry about or do I just mow them up when I cut the grass.

I look forward to your replies.