Old 10-08-2007, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Lily beetle - will someone remind me please?

On Aug 10, 7:57 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 10, 7:28 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
We've come home from a week in Aberdeen to find that my mother has died
and
we do, in fact, have lily beetle - red beetles and black larvae (?)

I can't do anything about the former but will someone please remind me
about
how to deal with the second, please?

Enough is enough!

Mary

Mary, I am so sorry to hear of the death of your mother. The lily
beetle, - pick off and crunch between your fingers and when the lily
has finished flowering, bend the stalk in half until it dies down,
that works for me.

I'll give that a go - tomorrow, thanks.

What's the purpose of bending the stalk in half?

By the way, there are no flowers left, there were some when I left and some
buds but they've upped and gorn!

Mary- Hide quoted text -

Mary, I have no idea, that's what I was told when I posed the question
years ago.

Judith