Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED - overflowed garden pond

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:04:39 CST, Mr M
wrote:

I was topping up my garden pond last night with tap water via my garden
hose and unfortunately, forgot that I'd left it filling up. So came out
this evening, pond overflowing with fresh water and crystal clear so
presumeably existing water replaced with fresh water and some of my
fish are now dead. The remaining 4 fish appear ok but they are at the
top of the water sucking for air and are a bit docile. Is there any
'household' material which I can put in the pond tonight, to try to
save my remaining fish from dying?

I assume you can't go out and get dechlor? If not, use organics, like dirt
for the chlorine to work on, and aeration, lots & lots of aeration. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us