Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Radika Kesavan

Default "Just Joey" in cool climates

JimS. wrote:

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message

J. Joey is a very prolific bloomer here, but have no clue what it
will do in either too hot or cooler climates. Here, it is usually
just right, and neither the cool spells nor the too hot spells last
longer than three days, so do not qualify to say anything about
either of those growing conditions. Fragrant, rather nice in every
aspect, but this place is a bit too easy on all roses ....

Well, that's more than I knew before! If your weather is not "too
hot" as you say-- that's more what I was wondering about.

I see. Our summer averages are probably higher than yours, but it does
not get too terribly hot here compared to other places along the West
Coast. Our average summer high temperatures are about 77 degrees,
according to what I cna look up. Sometimes we get abominable heat waves
when things can get real ugly and shoot up to anywhere from 95 to 110
degrees, but then, almost within three days, everything will calm down
and the cool air from the ocean will move in.

We don't get a really hot summer in Seattle, which is supposed to
improve Just Joey's color. What is the color like in your "not too
hot" climate?

I don't know from where this person has posted the photographs, but it
looks just like this:

http://community.webshots.com/album/43297093VnBZAA

--
Radika