Old 13-08-2007, 05:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather Geoff & Heather is offline

Default Fluffy Grapefruit

We have just had a branch snap off our grapefruit, due to too many fruit,
and as they are almost ripe we decided to juice them. When we cut the fruit
open we noticed that this year they have at least 1/2 inch (1cm for the
young ones) of fluffy white pith between the skin and the flesh meaning
there is less flesh - last year it was only a very thin layer.

Does any one know the real cause of this - I have heard it is due to too
much water ?

Cheers,
Geoff