Old 13-08-2007, 03:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
giovani[_2_] giovani[_2_] is offline

Default Fluffy Grapefruit

George W. Frost wrote:
"Geoff & Heather" wrote in message
u...
We have just had a branch snap off our grapefruit, due to too many fruit,
and as they are almost ripe we decided to juice them. When we cut the
fruit open we noticed that this year they have at least 1/2 inch (1cm for
the young ones) of fluffy white pith between the skin and the flesh
meaning there is less flesh - last year it was only a very thin layer.

Does any one know the real cause of this - I have heard it is due to too
much water ?

Cheers,
Geoff

Not ripe enough
leave them in the fridge for a month or so and the pith will lessen

eh??
Never heard this before
Are you taking the pith there George?
giovani