Old 14-08-2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED - overflowed garden pond

there is some research that even low levels of chlorine can damage
gills setting up stress that leads to infection. I am too paranoid to
have an automatic water leveler just in case a hole appears and starts
draining the pond. aeration inactivates chlorine but not chloramine.
Ingrid

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 03:08:22 CST, Chip wrote:

Mr M wrote:
I put the hose in and shortly after came indoors. The rest is
history as they say.

This is a sad story, my condolences. But since I never have forgotten
anything, it will never happen to me!!!! :)

However, just in case it does, am I reading that lots of aeration will
automatically handle the declor? In my 16000 gal pond I will have an
automatic water leveler that feeds from the tap on a continuous basis as
the level drops. I am concerned about declor, when and how much. If I
have a fair amount of aeration, a largish waterfall and fountain, will I
have to declor at all?

Chip