Old 16-08-2007, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default 19th World Orchid Conference Miami

John Varigos wrote:
As a matter of interest, who is planning to go to the Conference in Miami
next year?
~John

I am going, but I don't think I'm registering for the whole thing - way
too expensive for me. But I do want to see the show and of course the
sales, and I'll probably bite the bullet and do a single-day
registration so I can take in Bob Dressler's trichopilia talk on Friday,
which is unfortunately at the exact same time as another talk I'd most
like to hear: the bulbo culture by Bill Thoms. But at least I'll be able
to go to Averyanov's lecture as it's earlier in the day. Maybe Bill
Thom's talk will be videotaped (as all the presentations should - of
course I'm dreaming here) and I'll get to see it that way.

The most important thing is that the old friend I stay with in Ft.L.
will have his new heated pool in by then, and a pitcher of margaritas ready!