Old 19-08-2007, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Eradicating Mare's Tail

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 18/8/07 23:48, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 18/8/07 14:25, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 18 Aug, 13:57, Sacha wrote:
She hasn't said that she does. She said she tried digging it out for
years
and *that* didn't work. Then she gave her method of ridding the
garden
of
this weed but did not say she had to keep doing so.

Thanks. When did she last do it and for how long? It's interesting to
find out if it works for a season or more.

As she's recommended this to others several times, I would think she's
done
it some time ago.
snip

Since it's apparently been around since the dinosaurs were top species, I
would suggest that eradicating it is at best an aspiration.

Steve

It seems to strike some places more than others. I'm literally clutching
my
desk as I write this but we have none here, though our ground can be
sodden
in winter (and summer, this year!) I think I remember someone saying you
could eat it, when we had a similar discussion years ago but I may be
wrong,
so don't try it!

I think it's ground elder that you can eat. As for the mare's/horse tail,
yes, we've got it on the allotment, but not at home only 2 miles away. I'm
sure it will show up at some point. Or something will. One day we'll bring a
seed or spore home on our boots.

Steve