Old 02-04-2003, 03:20 PM
lms

Default Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM

In article ,
says...

lms wrote:
In article ,
says...

Geranium Red, my own root rose from Amity Heritage Roses, produces
roses that are really the red of the Geraniums.

pelargonium, I believe.

True.

That's what makes Trumpeter the color it is. I grow the hybrid
moyesii Geranium, it doesn't remind me of geraniums.

Don't know any true geraniums that are red, only pelargoniums. This
beautiful ping geranium (real geranium) is the new weed around the
garden this year, may be something to do with the El Nino winter, and
this one I don't mind, at least not yet.

let me tell you something I mind. I mind having 7 rows of spinach and 3
rows of lettuce one day and no rows period the next. Happened last year
too, just poof!, I'm mystified. I need chemicals.

You like that pearly sort of shell pink colour, right. It works
well for me too. I really like it in Souvenir de St. Anne's.

Sheer Bliss, star rose.

Absolutely. My seven-year old Sheer Bliss is putting on a great show
this year.

slashing a long story Sheer Bliss remains an honest bush, has no real good
reason for being so. it's as hard as...nails. they've been checking out of
that general vicinity for half a dozen years or more. I moved one of them,
Michele Meilland, in 96, it's now living the good life. Michele was one of
my first snotty roses, only last year learnt how to pronounce it. And now
I've forgotten.

Am not sure if SdSA will survive in your climate, ...

have fastidiously avoided that rose, its clonemama checked out
quickly.

Interesting; too bad. This morning, SdSA has its first stunning blossom
of the year. Pure poetry. Same as Sheer Bliss, pure poetry.

that rose is pretty enuf, I've before given it a second thought, but then
I think of those balled blooms. it's like Royal Highness, I wouldn't buy
anything closely related to it, skipped on Bride's Dream--grew Lady Vera
and it was an immediate checkout. royal highness was the first rose I
felt scammed over. wasn't warned, ball city. In a dozen years I never
saw anything but.

Jung's, sorry. there were 2 iterations of this post, I think there
was a blue screen somehow associated.

Thanks. The Blue Screen Haiku is pretty good. Most of the rest of the MS
Haiku is clever too, but this one stands out from the crowd:
"Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death
No one hears your screams."

I have this screensaver which mimics Win2000's blue screen, complete with
rotating exceptions, hit any key, 'reboot', etc.
Win2000 was insisted upon and jammed into my new laptop, I've never seen it
crash, but it always treats me like the enemy, I can't stand it.

miniatures

Grass growing everywhere except where someone inthis house wants it is a
huge annoyance. I guess Minis better be tough if they have to fight with
that kind of a survivor Genus.

I don't mind pulling out grass or whatever once a year, that's parta the
deal, I just can't handle it on a regular basis. on this side of the
ditch it's never been a problem, not even the bermuda, but on the other side,
which is largely full sun and irrigated, and is where almost all new roses go,
a rose had best rise quickly above the threats, the dangers. At this point,
the complainers have come and gone and 'all' the gaps are filled with the
willing. All things considered there are just not many places to put a rose
anymore. Lengthy procrastination is just no longer part of the agenda.