Old 25-08-2007, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default 100+ F

Have you thought about the bathtub? A handheld sprayer from the shower
would be easiest, but you could just fill a watering can. Different
situation, but the "guest bath" is what we recommend to our customers for
vandas that have to be brought in from cold or hurricanes.

Do keep in mind that if you put multiple plants in one "bath," you risk
spreading any problems you might have. Kenni

"Manelli Family" wrote in message
It's been at or over 100 F for the past 3 weeks now. The severe drought
continues, forcing the grasshoppers to go for anything watered. Today I
started to bring my orchids back inside. I think the heat is getting to
them also as they're getting a lighter green.

How do you guys water your indoor orchids? I've been using a dishpan to
set them in 2 at a time but as the collection grows that takes a long
time. I can't use a watering can as the water runs right through the
orchid mix.