Old 27-08-2007, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_44_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_44_] is offline

Default onions and garlic

"Jan Jansen" wrote in message
can you help increase my yields of onions and garlic.
I wish to grow garlic and Japanese onions over winter this year and am not
sure the best time to plant out. I live in south Devon uk TIA Jan.

We had massive crops with the overwintering onion 'Summer Gold' from
Marshalls and are trying it again this autumn. For the last two years I have
planted the sets directly through well rotted compost/manure and it seems to
make a difference
http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/rkm...1008&XPAGENO=2