Old 28-08-2007, 08:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

In article fc.003d0941022f70743b9aca00aac8e619.22f707d@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
But do they effectively clump cat urine?

I haven't used the clay scooping litter, so I can't give a direct
comparison, but yes the Sweat Scoop seems to clump OK. The clumps
have something of a loose structure (can tend to fall apart) when they
are still wet. If they dry out for a day or so they are more
cohesive. Sometimes you get wet litter on the bottom of the pan -
I've never seen this as a huge or unsolvable problem but some people I
know can't stand it.

Otherwise I may as well use Feline Pine. [a non-clumping but
flushable litter]

There's a strong element of preference in this (both your preference
and your cat's). My cat was very tolerant when she was new and I was
trying out different litters.

The clumping after a number of hours (vs. within minutes) would be an
issue for those of us who have automatic litter boxes. I would really
like a "friendlier" litter, but clumping for the rake is important as it
rakes ten minutes after the cat has been there. The clay litter works
fine, but I have little choice but to send it to the dump as I have pretty
much put it all the places I can without compromising my garden. :-(

Glenna

That clumping litter is terrible in the garden. I've removed all that
was dumped their early on before I learned better!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.