Old 28-08-2007, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default onions and garlic

"Alan McKenzie" wrote
I did over winter onions - planted oct last year the best crop ever - beat
the crop we planted spring for harvest now. Very poor summer harvest this
year
Still eating our over winter onions which they say is not very good at
keeping after around 6 weeks.
We put them in trays in the g/h this year - still going strong.

Garlic - normally grow good - have tried isle of wight garlic - usually
ok.
This year after planting sept/oct lost the lot - 50 gloves all rotted -
too much rain and not enough drainage on my clay allotment.
hope this helps

We tried Solent Wight this year, first time we have ever had a disaster with
Garlic, luckily we also planted other varieties that did as well as usual.
We will not be using Solent Wighht again.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden