Old 02-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Christopher

Default fertilizers

has anyone calculated the amount of flourish fertilizers their tanks require
and then mixed large quantities of various flourish types together (like
flourish potassium + flourish trace + flourish) in the proper proportions.
I was thinking using a big 60cc syringe and drawing out __ mL twice a week
from a tupperware bottle kept in the fridge would be a lot easier than
consulting 3 different bottles and putting multiple capfuls of each bottle
into the tank. I know it doesn't sound like much but if I could reduce
fertilizing to a 1 minute chore vs. a 10 minute chore it would seem a lot
less boring. Any problems with combining these fertilizers before I add
them to the tank?

Also I ordered a bottle of flourish iron but it says I already get iron from
normal flourish so I doubt I will be adding this. Plus .1mg/L is a bit high
concentration to have in my tank I would think, last time I measured it was
..2mg/L.