Old 02-09-2007, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Sweetcorn and the Fluffy Bits

On 2 Sep, 17:20, Martin wrote:
Amazing - how lucky you are. How big is your plot in the Netherlands?

100 square metres

gulp That's big.

I usually mulch lots with om and comfrey - but I've been so busy this
year. I'm wondering what type of soil you have to not bother given
them a helping hand.

Sand.
What did you grown on that plot before putting in
your corns?

Horse muck was dug in last year.

You grow horse poo - interesting. I suspect you've worked out your
sand amount and your organic manure. It's quite a job to have done
this on a 100sqm. And when I thought you were sitting behind a
computer all day ;o)