Old 02-09-2007, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Eating Green Tomatos

In article ,
Bigal wrote:

Green tomato chutney - nothing like it. Been eating it for 60 years -
it would be nice if I could do it for another 60. I didn't even know
that anyone thought that they could be toxic.
Bigal

I love Fried Green Tomatoes. Never poisoned me yet.

I don't believe that green tomato FRUIT is toxic.
It's the stems, leaves and roots that are a problem from what I
understand.

The point is is that HISTORICALLY, tomatoes, even ripe ones, were once
considered toxic.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.