Old 03-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Jessica

Default Garden Plans

I'm a beginner too but I recently bought a sunset magazine that featured a
big beautiful pink/red cosmo on it. Had some awesome stuff in there. It also
had a section where it told you what to plant from March to August.

They have April planting featured on this page:
http://www.sunset.com/sunset/Magazin...engateway.html

The magazine has really helped me get some good ideas!

"pelirojaroja" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm looking for some plans or diagrams to show me what to plant and where!
I'd love an "English Cottage" look with perennials and some shrubs, and

some
annuals to make it look fuller the first few years. (I'm Zone 5,
Cleveland/Sandusky, OH).

The problem is that I am such a beginner that I don't have a good idea

what
plants look good together -- or which ones work well for my type of soil.

need a lot of height at the back, too. (This is basically a foundation
planting, about 16x12 feet, full sun and clay soil. It gets pretty baked,
but I'm ready to amend soil and I don't mind watering.)

Any tips on where to find garden plans that group suitable/compatible

plants
together? My local library wasn't much help. Web searches have been
limited, too.

Thanks,

-- Lisa