Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_12_] Jonno[_12_] is offline

Default My cabbage patch has been attacked by snails. Any safe way toget rid of snails without the use of chemicals please

Dont these eat snails?
How about temperament.
What do they taste like?

HC wrote:
Ducks get my vote too!! Then again I am biassed towards them as I bred
them for many years and had 10 different types.

A blue tongue lizard is also good for eating snails...plenty of empty
snail shells around here and nothing with snail damage.

If you decide to get a duck (or two, maybe three) make sure you get a
DUCK and not a Muscovy....they are NOT ducks, but geese and this is a
very common misunderstanding. Duck eggs take 28 days to hatch, and
goose eggs take 35 days.....Muscovies, because genetically they are a
goose, also take 35 days.

Hope this helps?
Bronwyn ;-)

wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:17:31 GMT, col wrote:

My cabbage patch has been attacked by snails. Any safe way to get rid
of them without the use of chemicals please.

Get a pet duck.