Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Geldard[_2_] Derek Geldard[_2_] is offline

Default Home-Made fertilisers

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:45:46 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Someone I know grows magnificent vegetables and wins at shows, constantly.
He admits that he has his own recipe but he guards it jealously!

Don't know about that. My late mother had a neighbour Ca 1950 who grew
cabbages the size of footballs. What with poverty, food rationing and
all that he was very generous and gave her plenty when he had them.

One day she asked him "What do you put on them ?"

"Old Wesh" he replied.

"What's that ?" she asked.

"Well, we keep a bucket in the bathroom" ... was the answer.

At the next "neighbourhood meeting" (over the garden fence) mum was
reported to have said :

"And 'e's no need to come round to my 'ouse with 'is cabbages"

DG