Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Home-Made fertilisers

On 7 Sep, 18:45, judith wrote:
Why does it sound really mad? - just because you "can't imagine" the
proportions to use does not mean it is not a sensible idea.
Perhaps you should suggest to John that he tells the old man on his
allotment that he doesn't know what he is doing and that he should
stop and do things "your" way - despite the fact he seems to be
getting fantastic results.

Hello and chill. What is mad is to suggest that someone 'perhaps' is
putting in a bucket some manure, followed by growmore, followed by
nettles and then the lot in water. That is something I have never
heard off. As John pointed out, he's not sure, he's heard that the old
man is doing something with lots of stuff but not sure what. I use
lots of stuff, but certainly not all in a single bucket. HTH