Old 10-09-2007, 03:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
James Culbertson James Culbertson is offline

Default Planting bulbs under pea gravel?

"Travis" wrote in message
James Culbertson wrote:
Hiya,
I have a few beds with bulbs in them and was looking to put pea gravel
down on top. I realize the pea gravel will help keep the weeds down but
will it also prevent the bulbs from sprouting? I'm looking at putting
1-2" down.
Thanks much,
jlc

I doubt that 1 to 2 inches of pea gravel will do anything to keep weeds
down.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Ok. With that in mind then, is it safe to assume the bulbs will push up
through it as well?