Old 03-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Rex Grigg

Default help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help

Thanks for the reply Tony.

I thought I set the tank up properly for no algae problems I heavily
planted the whole bottom with fast growin stem species from my previous
planted tank and they are growing like crazy. I have pressurised CO2
keeping the levels high and high light. On others reccomendations I was not
going to dose any nutrients till week 3 or 4 but the greenwater still
happened. I have no fishload in the tank at all at the moment and have been
trying Dominics methods but its just getting greener.. currently in the
process of dumping 3/4 of the water

Cheers
Jon

Well you just solved your problem. Fast growing plants, no fish,
high light, high CO2. I'll bet if you think about it your plant
growth has slowed down a lot in the past few days. You need to start
feeding the plant so they can out grow the algae.

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com