Old 13-09-2007, 03:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_7_] Jonno[_7_] is offline

Default White butterflies eating the vegi patch

col wrote:
The snails have been drowned in the beer traps. I now notice white
butterflies chopping away at the cos lettuce, cabbage and broccoli.

Is there a net of some kind that I can put over the vegi patch to keep
these butterflies out or is there any other method to keep them away
please.

I would suggest the bacterial product called DIPEL.
Its safe and works a treat. Its not a chemical, as its found in nature.
Its very effective.
I have allready started treating my cabbages at first sign of the
cabbage butterfly, and so far so good. Never any problem if you repeat
every few weeks.