Old 13-09-2007, 04:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default White butterflies eating the vegi patch

"col" wrote in message
The snails have been drowned in the beer traps. I now notice white
butterflies chopping away at the cos lettuce, cabbage and broccoli.

Is there a net of some kind that I can put over the vegi patch to keep
these butterflies out or is there any other method to keep them away
please.

The cabbage moths are supposed to be territorial according to something I
read years ago. I made up fake moths from old plastic milk cartons cut in a
moth shape and added black spots using a texta, I stuck a satay skewer
through them and then mounted the skewer into the top of bamboo stakes
around the crucifer family. It seemed to work.