Old 13-09-2007, 11:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
col col is offline

Default Passionfruit

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:45:47 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

Am about to try another passionfruit in my cold climate. I haven't tried to
grow one for many years and even then the poor thing was knowcked off by the
cold before got it's adult teeth.

So, does a passionfruit need to be pollinated by another pssionfruit or can
I get by with one plant? (Assuming of course that I can get it to live).

Where in oz are you ?

I'm in Perth and have never had a problem planting passionfruit.
It grows well in our soil which is horrible out the back. Where I am
on the coast it gets quite cold at night down at around 3 degrees and
by day its gusty most of the time. We don't even bother with fertliser
on these as they seem to grow really well.