Old 14-09-2007, 07:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_7_] Jonno[_7_] is offline

Default Passionfruit

col wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:43:35 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"col" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:45:47 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

Am about to try another passionfruit in my cold climate. I haven't tried
grow one for many years and even then the poor thing was knowcked off by
the
cold before got it's adult teeth.

So, does a passionfruit need to be pollinated by another pssionfruit or
can
I get by with one plant? (Assuming of course that I can get it to live).
Where in oz are you ?

Southern Tableslands of NSW. It gets own to -4 regualryly here in winter
but I can manage to put the plant in a microclimate.

Do I need two plants do you know?

Yes.

No you dont, only if youre a plant retailer.
Mine has grown quite well and is by itself.
It fruits without any others.
Kiwi fruit however are another issue requiring two plants or more 1
male, and up to five females.