Old 15-09-2007, 08:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Passionfruit

"0tterbot" wrote in message

we had one nelly kelly in sydney & it just went off! it was fabulous. (i
assume it still is).

I thought the NK passions were for colder climates than Sydney's????

here, i am trying to track down a banana passionfruit (per j. french's
advice - though i admit i'm starting to find her a little tiresome at
times). i'd prefer a n.k. i'm sure, but we don't have any microclimates
yet & it got to -6.5 rather often during winter at our place.

Yes. Same here but I do have the odd spot where I can put one and since
thiese plants were very moderately priced, I thought I didn't have alot to
lose if it does cark it. will try a banana one if this one dies as I love
passionfruit.

i have a friend with a n.k. growing on the house - it fruits late & out of
timetable order, and not very well, but her place is colder than ours so i
think she thinks it's great to be getting anything out of it at all. she
has no idea where it even came from (which makes me wonder, as they are
grafted,

Yep. At least the ones I've bought are and the one that died years ago was
grafted too.