Old 03-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Sandie Hudson

Default herb or weed?

I don't think that is her weed. But it IS the weed I was
trying to identify. I didn't even post yet, and I got an
answer. Thanks!

Now here is my question. I have a garden that has both
cultivated and wild flowers in it. Will it hurt anything to
leave this one there too?

Sandie

"Cyndi" wrote in message
Geraniaceae caroliniaum L. (Carolina Geranium).
Diffusely-branched semi-erect winter annual.

Stems greenish-pink to red, densely hairy.
Leaves with long petioles, hairy, dissected into variously

divided segments, margins blunt toothed.
Flowers pink to purplish with five petals. Fruit a

five-parted capsule that forms a "stork's bill" up
to 0.5 inch (1.2 cm) long. Reproduces by seed. Found

throughout the continental United States and
Hawaii. Also occurs in Canada, the West Indies, Mexico,

Central and South America, and Australia.
http://www.griffin.peachnet.edu/cssci/TURF/turf.htm has

a photo.

Cyndi

"Doctoroe" wrote in message

. com...
It sure looks like an herb, but it has no obvious

herbie smell.
Anyone know what it is? Sure is a robust grower,

in the herb garden-
of all places:

http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=37908