Old 16-09-2007, 05:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Waste of good mulch!

In article ,
"Flowergirl" wrote:

We used just add newspaper to the compost heap and then use a garden fork to
punch lots of holes into each bundle (~ 1 local paper thickness interspersed
with vege scraps / lawn clippings etc)... it sped up decomposition and let
the worms get between the layers quite easily.
No where near the volume of paper you are talking about though.

Yep -- we get six SMHs a week, though a lot of that goes into the piggie cage.
The rest goes into the recycling. Problem is, they can't recycle the
piddled-on paper!

I might try ripping up this week's lot and throwing it into the chook run.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue