Old 17-09-2007, 02:22 AM posted to sci.med.nutrition,rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default organic, non-organic and taste...

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in message news:WY-

Often when I eat non-organic vegetables raw I think I can taste the
pesticides. There is a stinging sensation in my mouth even though
I've washed them thoroughly.

A very odd perception.

I'm trying to turn to organic but so far that seems to taste like
manure smells or maybe the smell is just overwhelming.

So is this one.

As another suggested do a blind taste test and see if you still have the
same experience. You would need to do quite a few samples (not just one of
each kind) for this to be reliable and of course all should be quality fresh
produce washed in water from the same source. Ideally it should be
double-blind, that is the person who administers the test and keeps the
records does not know which is which.

I am taking this at face value but feel a little suspicious that it might
not be a report of fact.

David