Old 03-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Janice Wiegley

Default repot blooming Phalaenopsis

I just bought a gorgeous new phalaenopsis at Home Depot. It's a dark
purple with 1" blooms. Bloom spike is a little over 1 foot tall. It
has 7 blooms open with 7 more to come out. The potting area in the
pot is about 3" in diameter. My worry is that 2 of the blooms are
dying aleady. Should I be worried? I think it probably needs a
bigger pot but when do I repot it? Now, while it's in bloom or after?
Thanks so much. (you should see my other phal from Home Depot - 42
blossoms with 2 bloom spikes, it's amazing)