Old 25-09-2007, 09:15 PM posted to alt.permaculture
len garden len garden is offline

Default How come only 2 threads here?

g'day jake,

yes the term permaculture has a broad spectrum as it is meant to have
this is so all can use its principals in their own space.

we have had to move back to suburbia so as much as we can we run our
living standard under the principlas of p/c. everything we do is
documented on our page.

on "self-sufficiency" i wrota an essay on what i call the myth as it
like permaculture has become a catch cry term for the "feel-gooder's"
to use so they can appear to appear green for want of a better term.

anyhow many who go for the sea/tree-change never realy bite the bullit
of opportunity to think outside the box, to test the comfort envelope
and realy think latteraly.

we designed and had built a design of home that is much more
affordable to build and is also very user friendly being of
'warm-house/cool-house' concepts, the design can be adapted easily for
our climate zones as can the type of cladding used, it is simple and
it works. if a house is going to be renewables wise and comfortable
naturally then the aspect of the land (an art many have forgotten) is
a major consideration. we came to this design after disregarding the
industry standard models (the must fit indoctrinated ideals designs)
and taking note of what others did especially an architect up darwin
way. this is truely affordable housing for all players.

for the main we have found the when folk go looking to rural change
they realy don't develop a defined criteria of what they expect do
achieve so they buy the land they need for their wants and those of
the habitat.

take the opportunity ot visit our site, all is explained there.

loof forward to more cahts if you wish please feel free to use e/mail
if you also desire.

our link is featured below

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:34:44 +0100, JakeD
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev