Old 26-09-2007, 05:11 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,rec.pets,rec.gardens,rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Snapping Turtle

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
We nearly ran over this happy fellow last week. I stopped to take him home
for a photo session and possibly release him in our pond. After several
attempts to pick him up by the back legs, it became obvious that this was
a very bad idea.

If you have children playing near your pond or keep fish in your pond,...
you don't want one of these critters in it. They can bite a koi in half or
snap a finger right off a child.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.