Old 26-09-2007, 06:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.nature,rec.animals.wildlife,rec.pets,rec.gardens,rec.ponds
96redneck 96redneck is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Snapping Turtle

I've handled a lot of snappers, and always by the tail. I've never had
one to break. No way would I pick a snapper up by the shell, most
turtles, yes, but a snapper, not me. .

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:41:38 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:53:18 -0600, Jack Schmidling
wrote:

We nearly ran over this happy fellow last week. I stopped to take him
home for a photo session and possibly release him in our pond. After
several attempts to pick him up by the back legs, it became obvious that
this was a very bad idea.

js

I've rescued turtles from the road and the proper way to pick them up
is by their shell, not their tail.